Measure and quantify the refractive index of glass
rIQ™ is designed glass refractive index measurements. rIQ™ stands for Refractive Index Quantification and is built based upon the thermo-optical methodology defined by ASTM E1967. As such, it is an automated system which measures the refractive index of microscopic glass fragments by monitoring the change in refractive index of calibrated oils as they are heated and cooled.
rIQ™: the smart choice for measuring the refractive index of glass.
The Intelligent solution for glass refractive index measurement.
- Automatic measurement of refractive index per ASTM and SWGMAT standards
- Sophisticated algorithms for high precision glass refractive index measurement
- Exceeds ASTM requirements for long term stability and reproducibility
- Up to 20 measurement probes
- Video recording of measurement procedure
- When added to CRAIC microspectrometers, transmission, fluorescence and color spectra of glass fragments can also be measured.
- Simple system calibration with glass standard reference materials
- Long term system and environmental conditions are monitored and stored.
- Precision temperature control
- Automatic statistical analysis
- Data is stored in database and includes refractive index data, sample identification and description, environmental conditions and more.
- Intuitive user interface
- Offered as a turnkey standalone package, as an add-on package to CRAIC microspectrophotometers and as an upgrade to older RI measurement systems already in the field.
- Easy to use and maintain
Perfect Vision for Science™