Forensic Measurement the Refractive Index of Glass Fragments
rIQ™ for Glass
Introducing rIQ™ 2.0. rIQ 2.0™ is designed to measure the refractive index of glass fragments. rIQ 2.0™ stands for Refractive Index Quantification (version 2.0) and is built based upon the thermo-optical methodology defined by ASTM E1967. As such, it is an automated system which measures the refractive index of microscopic glass fragments by monitoring the change in refractive index of calibrated oils as they are heated and cooled.
rIQ 2.0™: the smart choice for measuring the refractive index of glass.
- Automatic measurement of refractive index per ASTM and SWGMAT standards
- Sophisticated algorithms for high precision glass refractive index measurement
- Exceeds ASTM requirements for long term stability and reproducibility
- Multiple measurement probes
- Video recording of the measurement procedure
- When added to CRAIC microspectrometers, transmission, fluorescence and color spectra of glass fragments can also be measured.
- Simple system calibration with glass standard reference materials
- Long term system and environmental conditions are monitored and stored.
- Precision temperature control
- Automatic statistical analysis
- Data is stored in database and includes refractive index data, sample identification and description, environmental conditions and more.
- Intuitive user interface
- Offered as a turnkey standalone package, as an add-on package to CRAIC microspectrophotometers and as an upgrade to older RI measurement systems already in the field.
- Easy to use and maintain
Precision and quality
rIQ 2.0™ is an automated system that uses the thermal immersion method, as defined by the standard ASTM E1967, for glass refractive index measurement. The system, which incorporates many years of experience with the analysis of glass, allows the user to analyze the refractive index of multiple glass fragments simultaneously and with sophisticated analytical techniques.
Depending upon your requirements, the hardware includes high resolution digital imaging, precision thermal control, a phase contrast microscope and the controlling electronics.
|rIQ™ 2.0 software is designed to be intuitive yet also incorporates powerful algorithms to determine the refractive index of glass with the highest precision. The rIQ™ system also features environmental monitoring, including ambient temperature and control, as well as advanced database and statistical analysis capabilities. Designed to be intuitive and easy-to-use, it is also flexible and offers many additional capabilities such as the ability to customize reports.|
CRAIC Technologies provides service and support for it's instruments worldwide. CRAIC Technologies service engineers offer instrument repair, maintenance, training and technical support for all aspects of CRAIC Technologies products.
The lit microscope base and the lit octagonal optical head are trademarks of CRAIC Technologies, Inc. CRAIC Technologies, 2030PV™, FLEX™, 508PV™, Apollo™, GeoImage™, rIQ™, Lambdafire™, Lightblades™ and "Perfect Vision for Science" are all trademarks of CRAIC Technologies, Inc. Instrument features offered depend upon instrument configuration. Features listed here may not be present in some configurations.
*Features and specifications depend upon instrument configuration. Specifications subject to change without notice.
UV-visible-NIR microscopes, UV-visible-NIR microspectrometers and Raman microspectrometers are general purpose laboratory instruments. They have not been cleared or approved by the European IVD Directive, the United States Food and Drug Administration or any other agency for diagnostic, clinical or other medical use.